Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland and one of the most important financial centers in the world. Not only does it offer a magnificent view of the snowy Swiss Alps but also a stunning oldtown influenced by the Renaissance period. At the intersection point of the Old City, Bahnhofstrasse and Zurich Lake you will have the full image of Zurich – an unforgettable mix of old and new. Fun fact: With more than 1200 drinking water sources spread throughout the city, Zurich is one of the fountain-richest cities in the world.
Must see & do
- Lake Zurich: especially the eastern shore
- Niederdorfstrasse: the main lane through the Old Town with many sidewalk restaurants and cafes, plenty of shops and bars
- Saint Peter’s Cathedral: the world’s largest clock tower
- Bahnhofstrasse: a shopping paradise
- Lindenhof Hill: a public square located directly over the Limmat River, which offers a spectacular view on the rooftops of Zurich.
- Boat round trip: admire Zurich’s beauty from the upper part of Zurich Lake
- Platzspitz: one of the many public parks, beautifully located between the two rivers Limmat and Sihl
- Zurich Zoo: always worth a visit, not only for kids
- Opera House: home of the Zurich Opera since 1891, also houses the Bernhard-Theater Zurich