Milan, the capital of Lombardy, is the biggest industrial city of Italy with many different industrial sectors. It has been a magnet for designers, models, artists and photographers for a long time and is often called ‘city of glamour’. The city center is an ancient place with interesting buildings and many palazzos. Throughout the city you can find an assortment of stunning buildings and monuments. Leonardo da Vinci, the Italian artist, is responsible for the city’s criss-crossing network of canals.
Must see & do
- Duomo di Milano: Gothic cathedral, explore via stairs or elevator to see Milan’s skyline
- Navigli District: Naviglio Grande and Naviglio Pavese are some of the only still visible canals, surrounded by charming bars, restaurants and cafés
- Exhibition Center and Trade Fair complex: one of the most important worldwide
- Palazzo Reale: situated on the south side of Piazza Duomo
- Sforzesco Castle: houses various museums and numerous important artworks and relics, but also nice to just wander through its courtyards and visit Parco Sempione, Milan’s green lung, closeby